IUPESM Fellow: Joe Barbenel
Prof. Joe Barbenel
University of Strathclyde
- IUPESM AC Member, 2003 - 2009
- IFMBE AC Member, 1988 - 1994
- Chair, IFMBE Constitution and Bylaws Committee, 2002 - 2012
- EAMBES Founding Member, 2003; Council Member, 2003 - 2006; Chair Academic Division 2003 - 2009.
- President, Biological Engineering Society, UK
- Contributed extensively to secure global acceptance of Biomedical Engineering as an independent Academic discipline, appropriate for research, teaching and clinical application, and as a profession. Developed BME Postgraduate Courses in University of Patras, Greece and Chongqing University, China. Initiated discussion on formation of IPEM.
- Research expertise in structure and properties of the soft tissues to direct clinical applications.
Honours & Awards
- Founding Fellow EAMBES, 2012
- Presidents Medal, Society of Cosmetic Scientists
- Lifetime Achievement Award, European Pressure Ulcer Panel
There are no comments published yet.